Monday, March 8, 2021

WOW! Embossing with Pinkfresh Studio Geo Leaf Die

My Favorite Color!!

                                                          Here are all the products I used!


I wanted to play along with the newest WOW! March challenge and thought of making something with a cover die instead of an embossing folder as Handmade by Tasha did on her Youtube video. For this lovely card, I used my Pinkfresh Studio Geo Leaf Background Cover Die paired with an older set called Pinkfresh Studio Bloom. 

Directions: Die cut the cover from Neenah cardstock using the above die and then inked over the whole front with a clear embossing pad. I then sprinkled the WOW Iris embossing powder over the top holding the die cut piece with cotton pliers. I heat embossed after placing it on a cork trivet until the entire cover melted. I did add more embossing and heated again so as to hide where the pliers had held it to cover that spot and get a glossier coverage. It was magical watching the heat process progress across the beautiful front! I took my Bloom stamp which has 2 floral images and the Thank you sentiment and stamped them on a light pink-lavender cardstock using my MISTI tool. After using the same steps, they were also embossed. I then fussy cut them. At this point, I happen to notice I had a dark smoky purple seam binding and since it looked more in contrast with the front color and it gave even better texture contrast to the embossing, I ended up using it instead of the 2nd floral image as planned. A happy coincidence! I popped up both pieces and glued the cover down on another Neenah handmade card front to finish. I put my lovely Lady Head vase next to the card to take the pic, seeing that they matched beautifully! My favorite color is lavender if you haven't noticed.

Challenges:  WOW! March Colour & Texture (found under FB's WOW! Embossing Fans' page


Word Art Wednesday #481-482-Anything Goes


 

No comments:

Post a Comment