Sunday, May 12, 2019

Kaisercraft Forget Me Not (Mother's Day) cards





I had already made a wonderful Mother's Day card for my 94 yr old Mother In Law but decided to make another that was more frilly and embellished that she would cherish. The second card was for her twin who she would be spending the day with. They love each other so much and fly back and forth between their 2 houses (Indiana and South Florida) and are in such great health!! Praise God!
So here are the details: I chose a die that is 5x5 and cut twice, for the background paper as well as the eyelet frame. I also cut a cream piece to use to stamp the inside sentiment. Using Kaisercraft Forget Me Not collection, I made these beautiful Mother's Day cards and embellished with seam binding and doilies from my stash for the 2nd one. The seam binding is real vintage and matched perfectly, and the bling is Want2Scrap bracket bling. The sticker had powder applied from EK Success powder tool, to de-stick and then Scrapbook Adhesive pop dots applied to pop it up. The "love" sticker is from the Kaisercraft sticker sheet, and the only other tool was my Platinum 6 die cutting tool and Tool N One from Spellbinders.
   Also, I was at a NSD crop and had forgotten my Mother's Day sentiments and was lent an amazing Stampin' Up Mother's Day set by my friend. That's what I love about scrapbooking!! If I have something you need, it is yours and visa versa! And we talk and play all day together. What fun!! Great to have friends like that!
Happy Mother's Day!
If you are ever in Orlando, FL, we meet at the Downtown Salvation Army Building once per month. Get on the "The Salvation Army Orlando OWL Be Scrappin'" emails to find out the dates since they change but usually 2nd weekend each month.
Challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: For a Special Lady



2 comments:

  1. Just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Kentucky Derby Inspiration’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty, Beverly. LOVE the shape and that black seam binding is such a pretty touch. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete