Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Bo Bunny Bella Rosa Budapest Layout









This layout is to commemorate the execution of individuals in Budapest, Hungary in 1944-45. The memorial is along the Danube River near the Parliament Building. Quite moving in person and thought that the layout showcases those iron shoes that have a great reminder as not to forget what has gone before and to never repeat it. Thanks for looking!! Also, I am on Scrapbook.com and used their sketch "loosely" as well.
                                           
Supplies:
 Tim Holtz gauze ruffle trim; Rhinestone trim in copper; Bo Bunny Bella Rosa papers Athena and Reflection; Red/Burgundy velveteen paper cardstock; Prima Marketing flower blossoms: Tales of you and me, and Artistry Flowers which are both very old; Fiskars trimmer and scissors; EK Success 2 in 1 glue; Glue Dots; Red tape; Cricut Explore used with Black Letter cartridge for the title work; Charcoal grey satin cardstock.

Directions: The focal photo is 5x7 and the other pics are 3.5x5 inches. I mounted them on the Velveteen cardstock which I used due the color match to the iron shoes in the pictures. I then arranged these along the horizontal line that matched the sketch. Using Red line glue tape, I taped it to the paper. I then adhered the Tim Holtz white gauze Ideology trimmings. Adding more Red Tape to the center of the gauze, I added 2 lines of rhinestone trim which I cut to the size I needed. Eventually, I cut right down the center of the middle photo with my Fiskars 12 inch trimmer. I then arranged the many Prima blossoms in order to use a variety in opposite corners on the layout. I tried to use Glue Dots to get a cut rhinestone to stick to the top of some of the brads on the flowers but they didn't all stick. Oh well. Next, using my Cricut Explore in Design Studio with Black Letter Cartridge, I cut the titles "Never Forget" and "Budapest" which were lifted with contact paper and glued down using EK Success blue chisel 2 in 1 glue. Just a trick I do to keep the letters straight. It does take a long time due to the contact paper not adhering as well to paper as vinyl. I added a small journal card and was finished. Hope you enjoy to layout!!
Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Anything Goes #84
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: In my Garden or Park: This is a memorial/park and I used flowers too. #125

3 comments:

  1. awesome design and pics! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful tribute to all those lost souls,thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete