Friday, November 10, 2017

Tis the Season to Make Christmas Cards

Don't these colors just ooooze Christmas?
                          Using Kennedy Grace Creations November's Mood Board I made my card.

Taking my Neenah 110 lb paper cut at 4.25 by 5.5 inches, I put it through my Xyron Creative Station to put adhesive completely on one side of the thick cardstock. I started with Cosmic Shimmer Egyptian Gold Gilding Flakes, picking up some of the deeper golds, and red flakes to make it match the gorgeous mood board above.  As you can see in my picture, I put some of the silver flakes aside and added all reminding flakes back into the jar. Once the flakes were covering the entire piece, I began smoothing and buffing the front with a Swifter Sweeper Dry Sweeping cloth. I cut one sheet in half to make it easier to use. I buffed it all out being careful to not push down too hard but only used a buffing motion until I got the shiney piece you see now.


  I stamped the Kennedy Grace Creations Grace's Little Note bouquet onto the same Neenah cardstock. Copics I used were the deeper reds: R59, R39, and a touch of RV19, as well as YG97, YG95, YG93. Fussy cutting the flower out, I then used my Xyron to add the adhesive again to the back.

For the front sentiment, I liked using Paper Smooches Merry Christmas die.  I cut it in two colors of white, and a deep red. I then adhered both layers together and added both the flower bouquet and the sentiment to the front. I added Wink of Stella in Glitter Gloss to add more sparkle! Viola! Simple and yet stunning to see in person!



I loved using the gilding to bring a festive feel to my holiday greeting card. Hope this inspires you to try some of the products I showcased today and thank you for visiting my blog!
Yours truly,
Beverly
You can find this post on Kennedy Grace Creations Blog for today!

3 comments: