Friday, November 24, 2017

Baby's 1st Christmas using Kennedy Grace Creations


Hello, it's Beverly here today!! I know you all may be out shopping this being Black Friday but with Christmas around the corner, I am hustling to get holiday greeting cards out for all my favorite people in the world! One of those is my girlfriend who just had her baby girl, and I have delighted in "playing helper" to her and her family.  Such a pleasure to have a newborn baby in your arms, isn't it!! Well I felt I really wanted to make her an extra special card using Kennedy Grace Creations Baby Be Mine Stamps set paired with Sweet Baby Mine Sequins to make this delightful shaker for Baby's 1st Christmas.
First I started with a trial run of coloring this cute giraffe in pink. It just didn't make me happy. I tried again and made her yellow with pink dots, and that seemed to be a more natural look, so I went with that one. The original mock up was not as bright, so I tried more intense colors. Also, I had this fabulous paper pack from Basic Grey that had vibrant pinkish reds and I felt it carried the colors so much better than stark reds or vibrant solids.

I hope it inspires you to make all your Holiday cards early, as it takes me quite a long time for special treats to my dear friends!! But I love every minute of it!!
Here are some close ups:


Such a delightful mix of pastels in the Sweet Baby Mine Sequins including little seed beads:

Supplies also included: Copics: BG53, BG11, BG10, YG13, E000, E21, E11, Y15, Y13, RV21, RV13, R22, R00, R20, C1, C3 and blender solution; Neenah Bright White 110#; Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad; MISTI, Basic Grey Christmas Evergreen 6x6 pad, Spellbinders Platinum Die cutting machine; Prickley Pear D043 Flourished Oval Nesting Die; Hammermill Transparency; Scotch foam mounting tape.
You find my post on the Kennedy Grace Creations blog as well.

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Food and/or drink-Baby Bottle on mine
Word Art Wednesday #310-311
Marker Pop #132

3 comments:

  1. Love this shaker. The color turned out great. Love those papers. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cute card, sweet image and fab pattern paper.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete