Monday, August 21, 2023

House Mouse Candy Cane Taste Christmas Card



 This card is from my friend Bunny Hoyle using the House Mouse Candy Cane Taste image. I used Prisma colored pencils for the candy cane and copics for the mouse and snow.  The pattern papers are 8x8 Elle Studio papers cut for the 5x7 card base. I love the striped paper that matches the candy cane!! Added a red cardstock sentiment that wouldn't be too large for the image. The Dollar Tree sticker snow flake and Joles' candy cane from my stash from years ago. Again, to make this more fun, I used Art Glitter glue along the lines of the "snow" and then added Tim Holtz Distress Rock Candy and Mica Flakes to mimic snow and add some dimension and sparkle.

Challenges: 

HMFMC #397 (August21-September3)-Hostess-Misti-Anything Goes- Fruit-I'm still working on Christmas cards so instead of "fruit" I did Candy Cane!

14 comments:

  1. You did a great job in coloring the image, Beverly. I love the beautiful bling and the great papers. I think I had some of those Joles candy canes a few years ago. What a nice addition to your card. Thanks for joining us at HMFMC. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Beverly, the image is so sweet and I love the bold paper designs and sparkle, absolutely gorgeous! :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🐭❄️ AWWWW.... this Christmas mouse is unbelievably adorable! 🎄 It's giving me all the cozy vibes from the Winter Summerland Miniature Golf course at Disney World. ⛳️🌴 Oddly fitting, right? 😄 Your participation in Park Hopping My Happy Place warms our hearts. 🎉 Cheers, Makira! 🥂🎅

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and so cheerful! I love the papers and card design. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous that you are making your Christmas cards in August! And each one is beautiful. I love the striped background paper and the sweet image. Thanks Bev for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue! I have to start early as I have many people that all want one!! LOL!

      Delete
  6. I love this card Beverly...loving the meece with all the red Christmas papers! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous and sweet Beverly

    Thank you for playing with us at the
    House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete