Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Explore the Daytona Beach Post Office









A Becky Fleck Double Page layout sketch

I used the above sketch to make this layout of the Daytona Beach U.S. Post Office built in 1932 as a Depression-era work project. The two-story structure was built in Mediterranean revival style, featuring stone from the Florida Keys, arched windows, and cast-iron ornamentation. The building still functions as a post office, and was listed with the National Register of Historic Places on June 30, 1988. 
I found that these papers are in my stash that are old CTMH. The gold is not that yellow and matches the post office boxes that were shiny gold. The stamp images were in my travel stash, and the tags too. Love how it all came together. The strange colors of the papers really matched the Key Stone that the building is made from. I used more pics than it was called for but had to show off this special place. Enjoy!

 Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes


 


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout Beverly! the photos are gorgeous and I love the write up too! What a beautiful building! :-)

    Congratulations you have won the $25 gift certificate on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Please email us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com to claim your voucher
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you kind words and choosing my layout!! Sent my email and am thrilled!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on winning. I grew up in FL and use to go to Daytona Beach, Cocoa Beach & other areas. Did not know about this p . o. bldg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I, too, found this "gem" of a place when riding around in the area and exploring it with my 2 gf's. Both knew the area better than I did and they said that they never knew it was there!! Funny how we drive by things and never notice them!! I was so enthralled with its beauty, I took those pics. It is gorgeous!! Real Key Stone from the early 1900's and something I love being from here. So glad you enjoyed hearing about it and if you ever get to see it, there is a fabulous Mexican restaurant next door with ceviche, great tacos and homemade desserts!!

      Delete