Sunday, April 3, 2022

Lasting Memories "Shapes" with Triangles Challenge #593

 Hi, I am the guest designer for Lasting Memories Challenge blog for April. Our theme for this month is "Shapes" and we will be focusing on a particular shape each week. This week the challenge is "Triangles". Using this as my idea for my layout, a stash of papers that I have been hoarding/saving (oops) came to mind called October Afternoon Cakewalk with it's triangle background paper and the triangular banners which is through out the collection!

Triangles as banner on toothpicks


Triangles of different patterned papers
                                                                             
Triangles on a banner

Here is my layout using October Afternoon Cakewalk papers and embellishments. I cut the pattern paper called 'Sugar Stix' apart along the "stitched" lines. After separating it, I arranged the two halves on 2 pieces of white cardstock and adhered each at the bottom edges. I added the large mats with Cakewalk 'Paper Straws' pattern paper for the photos that I had chosen. For the right page, I used "Hula Hoop' double sided paper (both sides) for the large photo. Corrugated rust red was used for mats, as well. Added clusters of labels and banners with more triangles and the Waffleflower Celebrate die cut in a rust red. The Number die cut is from Creek Bank Creations Outline Alphabet.

As you can see, there are many ways to use Triangles on your layouts! I cheated and chose a patterned paper with the triangles on it cleverly coming to a point in the middle and fussy cut them out to make the photos the center of the triangles. Banners with triangles are an easy one as well. And of course banners on toothpicks to add flair!! Hope you will play along with us at Lasting Memories Challenge Blog #593 for Triangles.

1 comment: