Sunday, April 24, 2022

Lasting Memories "Shapes" with Hexagons Challenge #596

 




Well, this is my last week guest designing for Lasting Memories Challenge blog for April. Our theme for this month has been "Shapes" and has focused on 4 different shapes each week, Triangles, Circles, and Hearts this week is Hexagons. 

This week's Lasting Memories Challenge #596 using Hexagons means you can build "blocks" of them because they fit together like building blocks. This shape also makes us think about bees because of that being the shape of their honeycombs. I went with both of these ideas. 

With my layout, I chose old, old Basic Grey papers from the Urban Prairie collection called Monarch and Wild Flowers. Using an unknown hexagon die in my stash, I cut the Wild Flowers papers out making sure to include the 7 bumble bees, one in each shape and then built my grouping up both sides of the pages. The center paper was so pretty, I just let it be the nice backdrop of the story with the cute bumble bee at the top left. There are 10 bees in total on my double pager!! 

P.S. I have been cleaning my scraproom after a long time of crafting, going to retreats and not putting things away as they should have been. This cute little bee and note were found in a pile of photos. It has been overlooked and not appreciated. Because I began to clean out pieces of scraps, organizing my photos, memorabilia and papers, I was able to find it and showcase it in this fun layout which was my reward to myself by sitting down and making it. So this layout is really special because it has been hidden under piles of photos since 2004! 

Entering other challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #539-540


No comments:

Post a Comment