Monday, September 10, 2018

Basic Grey Sweet Threads Layout




Using Basic Grey Sweet Threads kit from Pictures in Time made by Janet Wells, I turned the idea into my own layout with 2, 5x7 photos and 2, 4x6 photos.  I loved how the papers really brought out the vividness of the pictures. This photos were done as the girls were testing how they could take shots with one of their new iPhone 7's and that meant doing multiple ones and testing the filters, etc.  I just loved these shots and wanted to showcase them in an album for my daughter of these fun times. Yes, that is Harry Potter world at Universal Studios and that's Butter Beer that they are drinking, hence, by sticker that says, "Buttercup" as a joke!!
How to make the layout: All the sheets of paper and embellishments are from the Sweet Thread collection by Basic Grey but you can use what ever papers you choose if you like my sketch of what I've done. Using the 2 sheets of Sweet Threads Pink side of Retro Clutch as the background, begin to lay out the photos as they are centered at the center seam of the double layout. I used washi tape to hold down the two so as to make sure that they are perfectly aligned. Next, Cut two pieces of Ruffled Mini, for the "bookends of the line of photos. The I matched them with the bold green from Mix and Match for the small rectangles above the smaller 4x6 photos on either side. Corner round and add brown ink to the edges as seen. Added some strips of paper from the cut off waste paper that tells the name and had the UPC on it to the bottom of the right side, 5x7 photo. I made sure to keep them not uniform as to add interest. Adding the stickers and gem stones were all apart of the kit's layout such as the "Happy" and the pin wheels but I changed not using all the other things and doing different and making it my own. Love kits for having so many adorable and matching products all together to create whatever you desire. Highly recommend it!
Challenges I am entering:


2 comments: