Tuesday, August 28, 2018

House Mouse Tails Entwined Card with Charm







Today I want to show you my card using the Stampendous Tails Entwined stamp. Isn't it just so sweet and romantic!

Here are the tools I used:
Stampendous Tails Entwined Stamp
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Stamp Shammy to clean ink off
MISTI stamp positioning tool
Fiskars Razor Edge Easy Action Scissors
Masking paper
Tombow Liquid and dry adhesive
Ranger Distress Oxide Blueprint
Ranger Distress Oxide Lemonade
Ranger Blending tool and sponges
Spellbinders Platinum 6 machine
Paper Piazzaz Light Blue Suede paper
American Crafts Gold Glitter Cardstock
Heart charm from my stash and thread
Spellbinders Chantilly Lace Annabelle's Trousseau frame die
Copic Sketch Markers: E15, E18, E21, E33, YR24, E37, YG93, YG95, YG97, B95, B97, B99.
Petaloo Bonanica Velvet Hydrangea
Ribbon from Ribbon Resource
Instructions: Using my MISTI tool, which really helps keep the alignment perfect, I positioned the stamp in one corner centered with an A4 piece of Neenah Bright White cardstock and stamp with the Memento Black ink. This ink is used when you are coloring with Copic markers as not to contaminate the markers. After I removed the Neenah cardstock, I then replaced it with an A4 sized piece of masking paper and stamped the image again . By keeping the image you have the alignment for a final stamping if the image gets smudged while using the distress oxides to add the black lines back. By the way, you can also use copy paper with re-positional glue, if you don't have any masking paper. Next, I fussy cut out the little mice and all the details, even the space between their bodies I also left the "sky" above the mice's heads where the moon is, and so that I could go back and replace it and leave the "hole" where the moon is and cover the space around it.
 I like using my Fiskars Razor edge easy action scissors to cut next to fine lines. I cut everything out, including the moon, and positioned them in the right places on the Neenah Cardstock.
Now, I began blending with the Distress oxide in Blueprint, covering the "moon". When that was finished, I put the "sky" above the heads and uncovered the "moon" and used Distress Oxide in Lemonade. Removing the masking paper, I continued to blend out LIGHTLY around it into the blue "sky" so that it appears to have a halo affect.
Coloring the images using Copic markers is so relaxing and I chose the deep dark blues. Later I matched that blue with "felt/suede" paper I had from years ago.
Next, I die cut the A4 colored piece with the Chantilly lace frame, centering it as I saw fit. I die cut another glitter "gold" piece of cardstock with the same die and layered them together using the liquid adhesive.
Glued all the layers together onto an A4 premade card.
Added the blossoms with Tombow dry adhesive.
Challenges I am entering this in are:
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #348-349
HMFMC #273 Anything Goes-option "Add A Charm"
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Fall/Autumn for the Harvest Moon
CARDZ TV Anything Goes Challenge #61
Stamplorations Summer theme & Sketch Challenge
Frilly and Funkie: Back to Nature

10 comments:

  1. Awww so sweet love this cute image, moonlight is super the background is colored to perfection Beverly gorgeous charm detail..

    Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & Friends mon chall

    mousey hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words and sweet comment!

      Delete
  2. I love how you framed your image and the color blue you used. This was a lot of fussy cutting. You definitely get a pat on the back for that. Your card turned out so cute. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it’s fun to fussy cut and it was all I needed! Thank you for your ever sweet comments!

      Delete
  3. Bev, this is such a sweet, sweet card! I love the way you captured the moonlight on the water! Great coloring! Thanks so much for playing along in our Back to Nature Challenge at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you colored up this adorable scene, and that die is to die for. So many wonderful extras on your card to look at and enjoy. Thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, Bev.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and amazing Beverly !! Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous card with us at HMFMC !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, love the blue frame and the stamps you used are so cute! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely so darling and what a labour of love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete