Monday, August 10, 2020

Creek Bank Creations Christmas Village Card




Using Wendy Vecchi's Gold embossing paste on another project.

I loved using Creek Bank Creations Edges Village Die set to make this fabulous card using my favorite tools (plural): my Platinum 6 die cutting machine, and stencils! The cardstocks were the tricky part to figure out which one for each image and I had leftovers with all of them. The end result was Bazzill Tungsten for the train; Stampin Up silver for the middle village part; and World Wind Gold foil for the tree village die part; the background cardstock was Bazzill Admiral but any navy or dark blue would suffice. With each die piece I chose how much space was going to be below the die and then, assembled accordingly. The design of this card was all because of a sample of a card from Creek Bank Creations booth that I visited at Stampfest Summer her in Orlando. She used white ink with CBC Swish Star stencil. I knew Wendy Vecchi's Gold metallic embossing paste would really be stunning too. The Creek Bank Creations stencil was easy to use and am impressed with the thickness of it. Made cleaning up easier since I had to scrub the paste off vigorously! I made two of these because I wanted to use some of  my extra die cuts. I made these while at Scraptique Retreat this weekend, and these cards really impressed the ladies there! 
Tip: Use the Spellbinders Tool-in-one tool every time to get the small pieces.






Challenges:

 



3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a beautiful card. I love the embossing paste you used. I've only used it once and I just about ruined the stencil scrubbing it off. It's not like I waited either. I knew I had to be quick from everything I read. But, oh this card would be worth it. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bunny! I agree, scrubbing the paste off almost immediately is so important and these stencils hold up so well.

      Delete
  2. it's beautifullllllllllllll Beverly
    gr karin

    ReplyDelete