Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Recollections Mother's Day 2019 layout





Using the Recollections papers, I fussy cut the glittered parts away from the regular pattern paper. After all were apart I had 5 different pieces from 3 different papers. Then I "weaved them back together to appear as if it were just 2 for this double pager. It was a real trick to weave the pattern papers so they perfectly matched up.  I then made the right page's photo mats, adding some scallop lace to one for texture against all the glitter. I matched a Bazzill cardstock to the peachy floral in my background papers, and matted all the photos to bring them into unity. My scrapbook friend had had the "Mother's Day" die that I had already die cut previously and I applied that on the journal block already apart of the paper. Adding a tied glitzy tulle for added texture and glitter on an already glitzy layout seemed appropriate to finish it off! Still needing to journal our 2019 Mother's Day celebration but feeling like I achieved my goal of showing how grateful I am for the rich blessing of being a Mother to these two amazing sons and wife to my wonderful husband!! It is nice to make a layout of eating out when we weren't able to for 2020's Mother's Day.
Supples: Recollections Bird Glitter Border; My Minds eye glitter paper;
Challenges:
Double D Challenge: Use your scraps-I did by piecing all the papers together, as well as the mats.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Make your own background
Word Art Wednesday #442-443


4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful page, Bev! Such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a great job on this double layout! Beautiful memories!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Use your Scraps’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully created layout!! thank you so much for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a beautiful layout, such lovely details to create the overall scene. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete