Monday, May 9, 2022

Basic Grey Happy 18th Birthday from SG Sketch layout




Cut file with candles done on my Cricut


Using different fonts from stickers


 Allison Davis is such a talented lady for Scrapbook Generation and when I saw her layout for her Sketch Support #23, I knew I was going to use it on one of my layouts!! So HERE is her layout. I chose to use my Basic Grey patterned papers from Color Me Silly and Hooray collection. I do not own all of the papers but have a few in my stash. 

Directions: Cut the strips of pattern papers to 1" by 8". Choose several and choose the order the patterns will look best. These papers all had the right saturation for the effect that I wanted. Using the Cricut program, I designed the "18" and the 24 candle flames. The flames were cut from Bazzill yellows and oranges to match the papers. The number was a sheet of red from Color Me Silly. I rew a line across both cardstock background papers, in which I used Bazzill Diamond cardstock which a shiny sheen to the white color. Starting at 1 1/4" from the bottom I stacked each "candle" to the next one, starting at the far right, and moving to the left. The ones on the left page under the number are not going to show very much so can be figured out when you get there. 23 candles were needed for my layout due to one being completely hidden under the number one. The Cricut die cuts after cutting were put through various Xyron devices so as to be able not loose any and already have the glue on the backs. I put the flames onto the layout easily and arranged each using a ruler across all whole double layout so as to make sure that they were even. It was an easy layout but the patterns were the tricky part to match up. The stickers I added are from American Crafts Thickers for the words, and Recollections birthday stickers from years ago!  

I hope you enjoy Allison Davis' inspiration and my take on it, as well.! Enjoy!


Other Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp NSD 2022 Giveaway

Word Art Wednesday #541-542

Lasting Memories Challenge Blog: Something Old-Old Basic Grey papers, and stickers



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous birthday layout! Love the oversized 18! Awesome title work! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the big numbers and birthday accents! Thanks so much for your entry at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete